Tuesday, June 24, 2008

From Jon 6/21/08

Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2008

Subject: Zoo siab thiab txaus ntshai

Nyob zoo!

We've had some really awesome lessons with the Thao sisters (Molly and so forth), and they are preparing to be baptized...into OUR church! Very exciting stuff. The scary thing is that next Tuesday is transfer calls, and there is almost no chance we will both be able to stay, what with 3 new Elders coming in. I may have to get invited to do a musical number at the baptism to ensure I can be present in the event I get moved.

The Science Museum of Minnesota is running a Star Wars exhibit for only about two and a half weeks, so we caught it today. It was stellar. Very cool. They had a lot of the original props, costumes, and models from the movies, and lots of very fun things to do. The museum also had a lot of other really neat interactive exhibits. Many people thought we worked there and asked us questions. We had happened to have studied the map thoroughly as soon as we had arrived, and could answer their questions. I also happened to have had studied much about science and had worked at a science camp, so I could answer most questions about the exhibits as well. I figured there was no point in embarrassing them by telling them I didn't work there. :)

Thanks for all your letters! I love you all to bits!

-Elder Muaj Yeej

No comments: