Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Elder Jon Pimentel 9/25/2007

Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 7:38 AM
Subject: Update

Nyob zoo tsev neeg!
I was actually the first one Daniel told about his fingers. Ouch! I still haven't ever broken a bone, but I've been present while a few different people have broken a bone (on separate occasions) and I have decided that it isn't for me. Sounds like Kent's life is going just perfect. I heard that Daniel has caught up to him in merit badges though. Kent: Do not do what I did and put your Eagle off and try to slip under at the last moment. You're only going to get busier, so do it NOW. In this letter I send my ten points of leadership to you; apply liberally.

At the Referral Center I had a really great experience. I talked to a man who had ordered a BoM (I was following up to see if he had received it), and we had a terrific, long conversation about the BoM and how it is simple and easy to understand. He had read much of it from a copy in his hotel room and thought it was great. He asked me a question about Nehor, and I had to rack my brain to remember who that was. He asked if Nehor was like Satan, but I wasn't exactly sure what he meant by that. I explained a little about what Nehor did and who he was, and the man said, "Yeah, that sounds like Satan to me!"
I realized that he had meant, "Is he like, Satan?" I explained that Nehor was a man who was deceived by Satan, and not Satan himself.

By the way, in the TRC I was talking about tithing and I accidentally said that God would pour the windows of heaven upon him...ouch.

Gotta go, love you all, keep writing, the church is true!
-Elder Meej

No comments: