Sunday, September 16, 2007

Cari's Second Gig



This is a flyer for the most recent of my events I have done. You may be asking how I was involved...well I AM DJ SNAX( the flyer says featuring DJ SNAX in the upper left above the grp name GO DAV). When I went away to Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo I had no idea what opportunities I would have. While attending a hip hop show last school year I met a veteran hip hop DJ in the area whos been helping me purchase the right equipment and mentoring me. One of my best friends growing up who goes to Santa Barbara City College and wanted to throw a show and wanted me to DJ. So I packed up my turntables and headed down the coast. Little did I know that I would be "spinning" for 300+ people in what the building manager considered a "historical landmark". The event location was in a community center where Cesar Chavez held rallies for the people and there have been some pretty well known performers to go through the venue as well. The group who performed (GO DAV) is on the rise and looking to sign with a major record company which is a great resume builder for me! The event went so well the manager told me he had been looking for female DJs and asked if I would be willing to come back down to Santa Barbara to dj future events. It was a great learning exprience but I definatly have SO MUCH MORE TO LEARN. I'm trying to get in contact with some people there who have pictures from the night and will post them if I come across some. Maybe I should look into some sort of business card now...

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hooray for DJ SNAX!! What would it take to get you to NYC to do a one year old's birthday party?? hehe

Jay P said...

So, does DJ SNAX satisfy a person's hunger for up-beat music?

David said...

Cool! Some of us can only dream of such lofty pinnacles of hipness. For now, we'll just have to claim that we knew DJ SNAX before she was big.